Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dear Tony,
I am so happy that the exam is over :-)
I think I did well in all the sections except reading! I was short of time although I did my best to keep track but somehow it did not work. I had to guess more questions than I usally did before. I got hooked on some questions which was a big mistake, but somehow I could not help it! I just did not do as well as I usally did when I practised by myself :-(
The writing tasks and listening were good and the best part was the speaking :-) I felt comfortable and did not have problems speaking about the topic given which was on films. It did not feel like I was being tested, it was more like speaking to a friend.
Overall, an unforgettable experience which I do not want to go through again! It was extremely tiering. I saw everyone there except Mouza.
The reading section of the exam really depressed me because I expected to handle it better than what I did. But it is done and over so all I can do now is pray for the best. I hope I get the score I require and I will be pleased.
I would like to thank you again for all the advice and support you have given me all through this course. It has been a great learning experience for me. I will definitely let you now my score when I get it on the 8th March.
Yours sincerely,
Maryam

1 comment:

Tony Beale said...

Hi Maryam!

Thanks for your report!

Yes, IELTS Reading can bite, can't it? The reality is different from the practice tests, isn't it?

I know you are a perfectionist, Maryam (like my wife!) and will never be totally satisfied and is always expecting the worst to happen!!!

I am very proud of you and all the bloggers who kept ieltswatch going. You have restored my faith in having the weblog.

I will try my best to post a general comment to everyone tomorrow.

Good night, well done and here's to good news on 8 March, In Sha Allah!

Best wishes

Tony