Thursday, February 1, 2007

An inspiration: MaisAlBassam

If you care to trawl through the blogs of 2005, the most heartwarming story was that of MaisAlBassam, from Baghdad who needed band 7.0 in all four modules of the Academic IELTS to work as a pharmacist in the UK. She worked day and night for a month on the course, she had travelled from London to study with me in Abu Dhabi at the British Council. She suffered. She struggled. In the end she triumphed, this was her final post in ieltscommunity4 on www.ieltsdream.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Dearest Sir Tony, I DID IT :)

Dearest Sir Tony and all my concerned Friends,
I did it, no one can imagine my happiness right now, I cant stop crying. Words really cant express my appreciation and respect to you Sir, this is all as a result of the efforts and the hard work you spent on us.God bless you, I really want to say much more but my feeling and emotions right now are blocking the words.
Sir, Yasmeen mentioned once and I will say it 100,s and 1000,s of times, that you will stay in our minds and thoughts forever . I really admire you Sir .You are my Hero.
My great friends, Yasmeen, Ashwaq, Mohammad, Jithu and the lovely Mubaraka ,and all the rest, I really appretiate all the support you gave me during and after the course may allah bless each and everyone of you and inshallah I see you all with a bright future .
My results were as following:
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.0
OVERALL BAND: 7.0
Thanks God :)
MAIS.



Her amazing story unfolds in full on ieltscommunity3 on www.ieltsmatch.blogspot.com

I'm bored, come on talk to me!

Tony

No comments: