Sunday, February 4, 2007

Writing task 2 + Tony's extremely belated 15 Feb comments - sorry Maryam!

Dear Tony,
I chose to write the first topic from the list of argument essay topics that you gave us. The question is:

In what ways has information technology changed work and working practices in the past 10 years?

Intoduction:

The birth of information technology has played a significant role in everyone's life in the past decade. It certainly has affected my way of work. I fully appreciate the invention of computers and how much they have simplified my work tasks. On the other hand , some people may argue that the computer has changed the working habits of people in a negative way. However, in this essay I will explain how, in my opinion, information technology has made people's everyday labour less tedious in so many different ways.

Conclusion:

I conclude that information technology has been positive in many ways. A lot of people have greatly benefited from computers. Information technology has assisted us in everyday work duties and has been a tremendous help in doing our tasks more rapidly and thereby has helped us to manage time more efficiently. It has improved all the vital aspects of working practices around the world, specially communication. Computers have made the world a smaller and a more reachable place for us to live in by making everything accessible at the touch of a button.

Yours sincerely,
Maryam

Very simple and elegant English, Maryam! Sorry about last week - I was so busy with end of course marking that I neglected this post! We'd love to hear from you and Mona in the build-up to 24 Feb.

What is the difference between 'effect' (verb) and 'affect' (verb)?

Tony

15 February 2007 (this is how I always write dates!)

No comments: