Sunday, February 4, 2007

Please bring "Insight into IELTS" Books

Ladies and gentlemen!

Please make sure that you bring your Insight into IELTS books every day this week - the final week of the course (sniff, sniff!)...

Also, cheeky request from me: does anyone have any nice 2007 diaries / desk calendars / wall calendars from their work place that they could let me have? I usually rely on my lovely, kind, generous IELTS students for such items. Thanks in advance, dear students.

Yes, I was a bit tough over the weekend, 'cos there I was, ready to answer your questions and so on, but there was no response / no dialogue. Ah well, c'est la vie as our French cousins across the Channel say.

Trivia note: there was a real newspaper headline in a British newspaper, which read:

"Fog in Channel" [Main headline]
"Continent Cut Off" [Sub headline]

Do you get the irony? Also, while we are at it, can you explain the difference between:
  • England
  • (Great) Britain
  • the UK
  • the British Isles
  • a British person
  • a Briton
  • a Brit
  • a Britisher

Mouza, give the rest of them a chance!

Did you all finish that Education quiz I gave you on Wednesday? What about all the handouts I gave you? Did you like the language points I posted over the weekend? What about the cases of Mais Al Bassam and Jean Luc? Did they inspire you? Is that enough questions?

Another full-scale Task 1 / Task 2 writing tonight (kill or cure?) !!!!

Bye for now

Tony the Terror

2 comments:

saeeda said...

Hi Tony,
I am overload because of my MBA work. I am going to bring for you calendar but not from my work.
See you today in the class “Insha Allah”
bye

Tony Beale said...

Thanks Saeeda!

You're a honey bunny!

Tony

ps Just keep your head above the water...