Thursday, January 25, 2007

CLARIFY

Dear all,

I am in the habit of using capital letters, bold in red colour. Just I want to emphasise the point which I am sending. Yesterday my colleague advised me not to follow this practice,because it reveals my mood/emotion to the receiver .So if you are also following the same practice, please ----- it. ( from the answer fill it)


Can anyone help me to find out which emotion or mood it represent ?

regards
Regi James

Regi, you are a mature adult. What you choose to highlight in bold is your own prerogative. Red is an aggressive colour, hence teachers use this colour of blood to highlight mistakes and corrections (see above).

  • The idiosyncracies of email and messaging reflect the anarchy of the modern age of communication.
  • Thank God for IELTS and a set of standards based on accuracy, appropriacy, clarity and coherence.
  • That is the end of this evening's sermon.
Get out there and enjoy the weekend before Sunday and a four day learning week looms. That is an order!

The inimitable, one and only

Tony B

No comments: