Monday, January 22, 2007

Hello

Hello everyone,

I see that Mr. Tony has corrected my mistake's on my comment last time. This time I wanted to post something for you (Mr. Tony) and of course for everybody else in this site. This is a riddle for everyone to figure out, if you've got time.

Once there was a wise king that was looking for a wise advisor. He found three advisor's and gave all of them test's to figure out who is wiser. All three of them passed all the test's. The king then decided to give them a difficult test. This is where the riddle start's...

The king had two types of hats, a blue and white hat. He told all three advisor's to sit around a round table. The king placed a hat on each head. There should be at least one blue hat. Each advisor can see what the other two advisor's are wearing. After some time, one of the advisor's stood up and said, " I'am wearing a blue hat!".

The question is : "How did the advisor know that he was wearing a blue hat?"
Hint: Each advisor cannot see what he's wearing, the other two can. It's about possibilities.

Have fun with this riddle!
Bye,
Mona

2 comments:

Tony Beale said...

Hmmm Mona!

I like riddles and have a superb one for the class tonight which combines language and logic, remind me to pose it...

My solution to your riddle is that the other two are both wearing white hats, so this advisor must be wearing the blue hat!

I also spy 5 grammar mistakes in your post related to WRONG use of the apostrophe. You are not alone, dear Mona, I was looking at a British college website this morning which referred to "Bachelor Degree's"!!!!!!! Shock, horror!

Can you find and edit those 5 apostrophe mistakes before the Romaithi girls notice? Or maybe it's too late!

Thank you very much for the post and Maryam's too. I have got to run and get Princess Zeena from after school activities...

BFN

Tony

January 22, 2007 3:20 PM

Mona said...

Hello everyone,

I see that Mr. Tony has corrected my (mistakes) on my comment last time. This time I wanted to post something for you (Mr. Tony) and of course for everybody else in this site. This is a riddle for everyone to figure out, if (you have) got time.

Once there was a wise king that was looking for a wise advisor. He found three (advisors) and gave all of them (tests) to figure out who is wiser. All three of them passed all the (tests). The king then decided to give them a difficult test. This is where the riddle (starts)...

The king had two types of hats, a blue and white hat. He told all three (advisors) to sit around a round table. The king placed a hat on each head. There should be at least one blue hat. Each advisor can see what the other two (advisors) are wearing. After some time, one of the (advisors) stood up and said, " I'am wearing a blue hat!".

The question is : "How did the advisor know that he was wearing a blue hat?"
Hint: Each advisor cannot see what (he is) wearing, the other two can. (It is) about possibilities.

Have fun with this riddle!
Bye,
Mona