Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mutaz's letter

Hi, I havn't been able to figure out how to use this site. I've been working for hours and I already have a headache, so can you pleeeeease tell me how we can write down our contributions in the main page.
And since I am tired from trying, I will write down my letter here for the time being hopfully in the future I will learn how to do it right.

When you sign in, it should come to your 'dashboard' where you click on new post! We shall sort everything out tomorrow!

Tony


Dear Tony,
This is my first letter to you, and I hope it will be the beginning of a life long friendship.
My name is Mutaz Farhad, I’m Iraqi from Baghdad. I work in SKMC as a house officer in general surgical department.
I decided to join the IELTS course to find out what does that exam consist of and how can I get the best results, although I’m not very much worried about the scores, at least for the time being, because too much thinking means too much anxiety and this is the biggest enemy of a student in an exam.
I believe I’m going to learn a lot in the next three weeks for two reasons:
First I’m practicing English in a friendly environment under supervision of an expert (that’s you).
Second and this is what I like most in the British Council is that they have the ability to make the process of learning fun.
I think all parts of IELTS are going to be difficult since as you said the last time we all want the magic seven but after the first lecture we had, I became quite sure that I’m going to suffer alot from “Writing” because I have a life long problem in transferring thought into words, and it usually takes me hours to write a single paper.
You kept asking us about how much commitment we could give; well you know that how MEN are allergic to this word..!
However, I will try my best to find out enough time to study to satisfy you and most of all my humble soul.
Best regards,
Mutaz

January 21, 2007 4:42 PM

1 comment:

Tony Beale said...

Very interesting and personal!

Sure, it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for the next three weeks!

Hang on, Dr Mutaz!

Tony