Saturday, January 20, 2007

IELTS Writing letter

Dear Tony

My name is Saeeda Al-Romaithi and I am from the United Arab Emirates. I am an employee at SKMC. Currently I am preparing my MBA and I have completed my first semester. My purpose for taking the IELTS test is because my previous certificate is not valid and the university has requested me to up-date it. My expectations from this course are to improve my English, especially in reading and writing.

My weaknesses are in both reading and writing. First of all, I have discovered that I am not a fast reader and I lack the techniques for the IELTS Writing exam. Secondly, I am in short supply in both vocabulary and grammar.

I graduated from the HCT where the IELTS is necessary. I will dedicate my fullest commitment to this course. I am known as a hard worker and a fighter, so I do not give up easily.

Yours sincerely

Saeeda

5 comments:

Tony Beale said...

Thanks very much, Saeeda!

Please accept my amendments - I inserted "have" three times to use the Present Perfect appropriately. I added "the" twice. I reduced your final sentence.

Who knows you to be a hard worker? Why did you use the passive tense? Is everything in life a struggle?

Answers please!

Tony

My motto for IELTS Writing is: K.I.S.S. Any thoughts on what K.I.S.S. stands for?

saeeda said...

Hi,

Tony I searched through internet and I found about the mnemonic KKK which stand for K-Kiss; K; Kick, K-Kiss again. Mouza enter the link below.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Writing-Business-Letters---Tutorial-4:-No-Letters&id=94931

But Tony you ask me about K.I.S.S so I will search again. I wanted to share this site with the members also.

Thanks for correcting my writing.

Bye

saeeda said...

Hi,

Tony K.I.S.S stands for Keep It Short and Simple.

Right Teacher

Goodnight

Tony Beale said...

BRAVO 'ya' Saeeda
KEEP
IT
SHORT &
SIMPLE
but NOT 'simplistic'!

What is the difference?

Go to www.askoxford.com and search "simplistic"

Tony

saeeda said...

Hi,
Simplistic is an adjective treating complex issues and problems as simpler than they really are.

Bye