Friday, January 19, 2007

Hercules' labors

Good afternoon Mr. Tony
Luckily I had the time this morning to check about Hercules and I found out that he had 12 labors. In fact, Hercules was punished by the king of Tiryns after he murdered his wife and children (whose wife and children - Hercules' or Tiryns'?) when he got (was made ??) insane by Hera. The punishment consisted of twelve incredible tasks that he had to accomplish (had to go through them) within 12 years. Those tasks were so difficult that they seemed impossible.

* from Greek myth.

Hanan.

+ some edits from Tony... Punctuation is very, very important in formal, academic writing such as we need for IELTS. So forget sloppy 'email' / 'texting' / 'messaging' slang or abbreviations. THIS is a different ball game.

2 comments:

Tony Beale said...

Excellent work, Hanan! Nice to hear from you!

So Hercules had 12 tasks - you have only 2 for IELTS Writing! Also you don't have to be a super woman or super man to accomplish your IELTS tasks.

It is NOT 'mission impossible' but it requires determination, application, positive thinking and flexibility!

As I type, two-fingered, BBC Radio on 90.3FM is my background companion. Most of you have Real Player on your Internet, so you can listen to BBC domestic and world service as well as reading over BBC 1,000,000 web pages - an Aladdin's cave of knowledge awaits you!

You don't have to go to China to gain knowledge, it's here on the weblog and Internet - you lucky people!

I'm still waiting for other posts on my second daughter's name (see Moza's comments) and your thoughts on the greatest invention in history and WHY you hold this opinion.

I'm at home today sorting out the room I grandly call my 'study' so I can respond to any posts/comments/questions my dear students might care to ask me.

Standing by

Tony

ps Let's have some more POSTS as Hanan has just done. It's fun and might BOOST your IELTS chances...

saeeda said...

Hi Hanan,

I liked the way you write about Hercules while I copied the link and posted it. Next time I will try to write by my own words. This will help me to improve my writing.

Good luck and bye for now.