Friday, January 19, 2007

An interesting thing to read :)
Please be informed that this is a copy from a website and i highlighted what was required from Tony in Red.

Hamlet: O, throw away the worser part of it,And live the purer with the other half,Good night- but go not to my uncle's bed.Assume a virtue, if you have it not.That monster, custom, who all sense doth eatOf habits evil, is angel yet in this, That to the use of actions fair and good He likewise gives a frock or livery,That aptly is put on. Refrain to-night,And that shall lend a kind of easinessTo the next abstinence; the next more easy; For use almost can change the stamp of nature, And either exorcise the devil, or throw him outWith wondrous potency. Once more, good night;And when you are desirous to be blest,I'll blessing beg of you.- For this same lord, Pointing to PoloniusI do repent; but heaven hath pleas'd it so, To punish me with this, and this with me,That I must be their scourge and minister.I will bestow him, and will answer wellThe death I gave him. So again, good night. I must be cruel, only to be kind;Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.One word more, good lady.

Unfortunately, the 'good lady' (his ex-love Ophelia) then went and killed herself! Oh dear!

Nevertheless, it remains good advice and as the French say: "Il n'y a que la verite qui blesse". I'm sure you agree with those sentiments, don't you Mouza?

No comments: