Friday, January 19, 2007

IELTS Writing, Letter.

Dear Tony,
Please find below the letter you have requested us to write to you.
Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)
Take care and looking forward to hearing your comments.
Yours sincerely,
Mouza



Dear Tony,
My name is Mouza Al Romaithi, I am a United Arab Emirates national, and I work as an Assistant Administrative Controller.
I would like to continue my Higher Education, and in order to enroll in the Masters program I have to submit an IELTS certificate. Since it has been along time from my last IELTS exam, I wanted to refresh my memory and to update myself in the IELTS examination procedure; for this reason I registered in this course.
While attending this course I would like to practice and to strengthen my English skills in writing and speaking, which I think will be my weakness in the exam and for me to obtain a higher mark I need to improve those skills.
I have studied all of my subjects while in College in English, hence I do not think that I have a problem in the English language itself but I need to develop my writing and speaking skills, as I did not have the opportunity after graduation to practice.
During this course I will do my best to gain as much knowledge as I can by doing the required assignments given to us.
To best describe myself I do not give up easily, work very hard to attain whatever I set myself to, and I learn from my mistakes.

Yours sincerely,
Mouza Al Romaithi

3 comments:

Tony Beale said...

Thanks Mouza!

Yes, I enjoyed reading your letter and now have a much 'rounder' picture of you and your background.

My message to you and the other members of the class is to practise, practise and practise.

Using the weblog is a great first step, later you will realise that the IELTS program in the British Council Learning Zone will be of massive help - but you can only access it in person at the BC.

Your previous IELTS score was terrific, I can't believe that your English has gone backwards in the past 8 years. It needs some 'polishing' and a little WD40 in certain parts.

I found only one small mistake in your letter - 'ALONG' instead of 'a long'

I admire your determination and willingness to learn - bravo!

Good night

Tony

saeeda said...

Hi,

You know me very well Mouza. I could not sleep yesterday very well as I said I fell I am in a car race.
Now I am writing the second task about the innovation. You know my method I write first then I amend my writing. Still I feel I need to write it again : )

Bye for now

saeeda said...

Hi,


I typed innovation instead of invention and I posted earlier. The second task is my thought on the greatest invention.

Bye.