Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wednesday's menu

Keep the faith, brothers and sisters, the weekend is almost there - just hold on and turn up tonight!

We shall be in Room 5, only on Tuesdays do we need to relocate (Room 8 again, probably).

So, we convene (nice academic-sounding word!) in room 5 at 7.15, then I will take half the class to the Learning Zone for 30 minutes, while the rest do some Reading Comprehension work. Then at 7.45 we swap and the rest go to the LZ, while the others do the reading work in Room 5. OK?

Then we have:
  • the debate from 8.20 - 8.45
  • after the break we review your Listening from last night / have a third dictation based on that text / check the pronunciation homework I gave you
  • then we have a Writing Task 1 workshop with handouts to study for the weekend
  • finally we have 35/40 minutes for a task 2 essay while I interview Saeeda and Shaima
For the weekend, I'd like you all to:
  • organise your folders into those 10 subject areas
  • finish the reading task you started in class (Sydney Opera House text)
  • read INSIGHT book Units 1, 2 & 3 on global reading skills and Units 8 & 9 Reading for GT students especially
  • do a full-scale writing task 1 and 2 that I will give you
  • keep on / start blogging
  • 'gird your loins' for next week!
  • enjoy the fabulous weather
See you all this evening in Room 5!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tony

6 comments:

MRS REGI said...

DEAR TONY

THANK U VERY MUCH FOR THE MESSAGE,
WILL DO AS PER THE MAILS. SEE IN ROOM NO. 5.

REGI JAMES.

I WILL COME BACK WITH THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC COMMECTS ASAP

saeeda said...

Hi Tony,
I will rewrite the task 1 again (chart). I prefer submitting a hard copy to you during the class tomorrow “inshallah”.
Bye,

saeeda said...

Hi Tony,

Today I attend an interview at the work. Do you know who the examiner is and who the speaker is? The former was my director and the later was me (saeeda). I wanted to thank you because you asked me to write a letter about myself.

The first part was a short profile about me. I did well because of (Allah) and you. So thank you because this interview will affect my performance appraisal at my work.

Thanks indeed.

Bye,

Mouza said...

Dear Saeeda,
Wish you all the best in your interview and hope that you will succeed in your life and get whatever you wish for.
And it is good that you have prepared a nice letter in advance which enabled you to do well :)
All the best to all of you and finally to me also as i do not want to forget myself in the process :))
Take care and see you all in class today (nshaAllah)

Mouza said...

InshaAllah

Tony Beale said...

Gosh Saeeda, it was indeed fortunate that my request for a letter of introduction helped you in your appraisal. It was my pleasure and privilege to be of assistance, my dear!

As Shakespeare said [yet again!]:

"There's a divinity that shapes our ends, rough-hew them how we will."
(Hamlet, Act V Scene ii)

Which is another way of saying: "What God has willed." (Ma Sha Allah)

Interesting parallels?

Bye for now dear sisters!

Tony