Sunday, January 21, 2007

The daily post

HELLO campers!

OK, so I promised a post every day over the holiday weekend and here it is! My intention was to 'kickstart' the weblog and sort the wheat from the chaff (look it up!)

Now I see who is 'wired' and ready to learn by using this facility. Others are probably too shell-shocked to know where to start or what to do! Take heart, this is a familiar first reaction.

The great thing is that we come into class tomorrow and already there is this community of IELTS scholars coming together. This was my intention and you have made a terrific start.

During the week we are all under pressure: daytime jobs / commitments; family and getting from "A" to "B" in one piece [the young man who resented me on my bicycle daring to be in front of him on the road this morning has a lot to learn - maybe he didn't get enough toys when he was a baby and uses his horn to compensate... Hmmm]

Also you have got to know me a bit better, there are still many aspects of my character and life story that I have not divulged so far (I was interviewed by a professional journalist on the first weblog www.ieltsmagic.blogspot.com
- see what Mohammed Saeed Mahfouz the well-known (?) Egyptian TV reporter asked me...)

It's late, the football match was stupendous; amazing; such hubris for the arrogant bigheads from Manchester - it was so sweet when Thierry Henry headed in the winner for Arsenal in the 94th minute... Oh Saeeda, what you are missing, my dear! It was ecstatic, I was transported to freezing north London and realised how much I miss my home country, but when God wills I will return and remember my golden years in the warmth of Arabia.

Unless you contribute to this weblog I will have no record of you, so let's connect!

See you all, raring to go, room 5 tomorrow evening!

Take care (Mouza's favourite words!)

Tony

3 comments:

saeeda said...

Hi,

I printed the amended essay and your daily post which was on Sunday 21/1/2007 because I went with my family to the vegetable market “miena”. I set on the car reading your comments so it was nice to look at the people buying while I am reading.

See you today in the class, take care.

Bye

saeeda said...

Hi again,

Sorry, I meant to say I set in the car : )

bye

MRS REGI said...

HI,

GOOD EVEING MR. TONY

SORRY I WAS SO LATE TO CONTRIBUTE MY COMMENTS AS I AM SO BUSY WITH MY OFFICE.

SURE I WILL COME BACK WITH SURPRISE
SEE U ALL TODAY IN OUR PLEASENT & INTERESTING CLASS

THANK U