Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome to reality! It bites!

Hello blog watchers!

Hmmm! See what you have let yourselves in for? Each lesson will be go go go go! Three hours vanished in a flash, didn't they?

The good thing is that you have FOUR days to digest what I threw at you yesterday. We used to have Thursday classes the last two IELTS courses I have just taught - NOT popular with students, me, Mrs Beale or little (actually not so little at 1m68) Miss Zeena Beale.

Anyway, this is just to say a BIG hello and stand by for the weblog invitations this afternoon. I will be posting a message to you EVERY day over the weekend - it's OK, I really, really, really want this weblog to succeed. There was a lot of energy and spirit in the class last night, let's channel that! I need some strong personalities to lead this weblog and encourage the others to contribute and bond as a community of learners.

So, you are investigating the 'Labours' of Hercules - how many were they? What did they consist of? Post me your answers after you:
  1. Receive your weblog invitation
  2. Accept it
  3. Create a GOOGLE account (remember your password!)
  4. Start posting!
While you are at it, why not post me your thoughts on what YOU consider to be the greatest invention in history and tell me why this is your opinion (good practice for IELTS writing and speaking). The answer from a survey of 10,000 British people might well surprise you!

It was fun last night, after a long day we all need to enjoy and look forward to our three hour lessons. Next time I will factor in a ten minute break in the middle - I promise [no yellow cards please!]

Bye for now!

Rock on!

Have you been listening to
BBC World Service radio on 90.3FM from 09.00 to 18.00? - I love it! Turn on and tune in! It's fabulous listening practice while you are in the car or footling (lovely word!) around the house

Your irrepressible IELTS tutor

Tony

No comments: