Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello night owls!

This is your daily message from me, as promised!
Wow! The ladies are really dynamic and hungry! The gentlemen are taking it far too easily for my liking. Come on Ahmed, Fahmy, Imad, Mutaz, Tarek and Sudesh!

I spent a glorious Saturday on my bicycle enjoying the fresh air! I was going to swim in the sea before watching Liverpool and Chelsea, but had forgotten my trunks (doh!), so read my history book around the pool and did some admin for the Library that I administer at the British Club (we spend around 100,000 Dirhams a year on books, DVDs and CD ROMs).

For Saeeda's information, I love football! It is a passion that links me to my childhood, adolescence, college days, teaching career and married life. Once, when I was travelling in the mountains in Morocco, I broke my journey and started playing football with some Berber boys. We didn't speak each other's language, but we spoke the language of football! So, try not to dismiss the 'beautiful game' or games in general, so abruptly. A native speaker would say:
  • "I'm not crazy about football"
  • "I don't really care for football"
  • "I'm not into football that much"
  • "I'm not that keen on football"
  • "Football leaves me cold"
  • "I'm not really that interested in football"
Do you see my point? Try not to be so direct!
Indeed while we are at it, class, what are your passions?
Besides football, I am fascinated by history; languages; travel; biographies of incredible people and comparing different religions.

I am delighted to see that this weblog is taking off - it has been very fortunate that we have a long weekend to get to know each other before IELTS grabs us by the throat and starts shaking us!

Has anyone been looking at the websites that I gave you on that list? Any feedback? What about the previous 15 weblogs? We had some amazing weblogs in March - July 2005!

This one looks promising! Especially given that 10 of the class haven't even registered yet!

Ah well, that's all from me today! Keep striving and talking to each other!

Good night!

Tony the Terror

3 comments:

saeeda said...

Hi,

I love swimming on summer because the water is warm. This reminds me of my childhood and my father who pass long time before when I was in the 3rd class in primary. Al-Romaithi family is very well-known for their link with the see.

Bye for now

Hanan said...

Hi Tony
I came back from Dubai one hour ago, I enjoy travelling,music,fishing,reading, writing(I publish some of them in the newspaper and the police magazines)and walking. I like football,but I know about all the happenings through my 10 year old son, he is crazy about football.
Good night Tony see you tomorrow

Tony Beale said...

Hmm so you like the sea, I see! Indeed the Al-Romaithi family are reknowned for their love of the sea!

Thanks too, Hanan, avery eclectic mix of interests!

It helps to be passionate about things for your IELTS speaking and writing.

BFN

Tony