Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Guardian of the sun God’s Treasure

Dear Tony,

This is my summary of the article from the National Geographic magazine about “Guardian of the sun God’s Treasure”

I read about the mystery of the Sun God’s Servant. This finding was done by Alain Zive (Recherché Scientific) with support from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saqqara in Egypt.

Alain was digging in an existing tomb belonging to Rameses “The Great Peacemaker” in the ancient Pharaoh’s during that he found by coincidence a colonnaded funerary chapel with a carved stone stela.

The inscription found on the walls showed the owner had two names Raiay and Hatiay who is the son of the goldsmith. Where he held a top administrator position in the treasury of the temples of Aten and looked after gold and other offerings to Aten in two of Egypt’s key cities (Akhetaten and Memphis). Raiay had devotion to pharaoh’s extreme religion but it changed over time.

The main discovery was through finding the stela were it assisted to interpret the tomb founding which was appear to be added after the death of Akhentaten and reveals that Raiay and his friends embraced the old ways once again under a new pharaoh (Tut).


Alain discovered that the tomb was build for Raiay and his wife (Maia) where it is evident through the inscription of images on the walls of the unfinished burial chamber.

The question that bothers Alain was did Raiay regains royal favor through his wife’s influence and therefore was buried near her?

Tony I learned a lot of new vocabulary from this article which I will add to my vocabulary list.

Best Regards,

Saeeda

5 comments:

Tony Beale said...

Lovely report, Saeeda!

Glad you found the article interesting and helpful from a vocabulary enrichment perspective.

Why not buy the January 2007 National Geographic magazine with its feature article on Dubai?

Cheers

Gotta get dressed and dash to the BC!

Tony

saeeda said...

Hi Tony,

I think I will start buying this magazine to learn new vocabulary.

Ahmed, what you think our vocabulary list increasing?

Mutaz I hope tomorrow “inshallah” I will post for you the vocabulary list.

Take care, see you tonight.

Bye

mutaz said...

That is very kind of you,I am eager to learn some new words,so please do.
The thing that drags my attention in your report is this sentence "
Rameses The Great Peacemaker ". A wise man once said " If the dead can talk, most of the great deeds of some heros will be nothing but a bunch of lies". Correct me if I am wrong, is not he the cruel Pharaoh who torchured the Sons of Israeal and his life ended by drawing in the Red Sea.
The history said the Pharaoh who built the Pyramid was great, do you think the slaves who built it share the same idea.
I think that we are not reading the history as it happens but we are reading the writer's point of view,don't you agree?

saeeda said...

Hi,

Yes, I agree with your last sentence Mutaz.

Bye

Tony Beale said...

What does Mutaz think, and the rest of you of the saying that "History is written by the victors"?

In other words, the powerful get their message enshrined for posterity.

Interesting phonetic spelling "torchured" !!! Correct spelling please!

As a lover of History, one of my passions, dear Mutaz, I am fully aware of the writer's subjective opinions and prejudices. I make up my own mind, based on the evidence presented and look at issues from ALL angles.

What does the expression "Devil's Advocate" mean?


Intersting comments on the NG article, young man!

Try to spell your enemy's name correctly, it should be: I S R _ _ L!!

Enough pedantry from me!

Tony